Top 5 Considerations before Making A Move in Poker Revealed in 2018
Have you played poker? If yes, then you must be aware of Squeeze Play. In this blog, we will offer you five effective strategies that you must consider before making a move while playing. No doubt, it is a very effective way for both cash games and MTTs, but this strategy can act as a sharp sword if you are not aware of picking your spots. Let us begin with the points that you need to ponder while you are on a serious game.
- Size your squeeze plays: If you are feeling that the strategy is not working, then the problem might be with sizing. Usually, a player either wants to fold the contestant or call in case, you are having a big hand with a specific price. Calculating out the right raise sizing is not a cakewalk, but it firmly depends on your image and the kind of players who are against you. The trick here is, you should make your squeeze size four times than that of the original. This will lead to bot providing the other players a high price to call offering you an opportunity to go bigger if you have fewer callers after the original raise.
- Define Your Range: Besides knowing how to resize, the player must know what hands symbolize best squeeze candidates is another part where numerous players are still struggling. We are talking about big pockets pairs and powerful Aces like Ace-King or Ace Queen which enhances your motivation for squeezing to the prime and precise price. With this, you can stay far ahead with the opening range. Therefore, these hands are not much difficult to figure out. Alternatively, there are hands representing amazing squeeze candidates but they are not good enough to just make a flat call in position. These types of hands consolidate broadways that hinder the top of your competitor’s range.
- Factor your position: Nothing is fixed in poker, here, it is recommended that your factor position while you are constructing squeezing range is essential. The simple reason behind this is, when you are right in the position, you are able to flat and see more flops. This position will give you an advantageous position after the flop. But, you should not overdo it against the tight early position opens and only call strongly suited connector with middle pairs. According to Poker Snowie, you should basically squeeze a firm range starting from BTN against EP opener.
- Avoid difficult spots: If you are considering squeezing in poker tournaments, you must be vigilant about your stack size. Negligence will lead you to a tricky spot and you may enter a critical flop in an inflated pot.
- Do not fear the monsters under the bed: At times, players miss out on accurate squeeze play shot, because they are afraid of an active player. An active player is capable of opening many pots and will refrain from folding large pieces of his range. However, you can use the squeeze play in a charming manner against the active player, that there will no other chances left for him apart from allowing you to take the pot.