Cooking dinner has always been something that takes a lot of time out of my busy and crazy schedule. Cooking can be time consuming and if you are like me and hate it; would rather be playing online poker, then it is horrible. I have 6 people to organise dinner for every day and thought I would write up some quick meals for poker moms to dish up through the week and on weekends which take little to no time and are crowd pleasers.
This recipe is a simple yet delicious CHICKEN ROAST! Sound complicated? Time consuming? Think again! A roast dinner is by far the quickest meal to prepare and dish up.
- Chicken / Pork / Beef/ Lamb roast (one of these)
- Frozen Beans / Peas
- Frozen Corn Cobs
- 2 Onions
- Broccoli / Cauliflower
Directions to cook:
- Put the Chicken in a Roasting pan. Add a little oil and put it in the oven.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into 4 pieces.
- Cut the pumpkin into large pieces and leave the skin on.
- Cut the carrots into 3 big pieces. Again, leave the skin on.
- Cut the ends off the onions and peel. Cut them in half
- Run the broccoli or cauliflower under water and cut into pieces. You can just cut it into quarters.
- Put all the vegetables except the pumpkin, carrots and onion into pots, and place the pots on the stove. The onions and carrots go into the roasting pan. Place the pumpkin skin-down on the rack.
- When potatoes are almost ready, drop them into the deep fryer.
- Place a cup of gravy powder and water in the microwave when everything is cooked and stir every 20 seconds until thick.
The roast is ready. I spend maximum15 minutes preparing my roast dinners. They are really the easiest thing that I can think to make! In fact I can play online poker as I do them. I don’t know the person who said roasts were hard. They got it wrong!